Our mission at Faith is to
GLORIFY GOD through intentionally
loving God, loving others, and making disciples.
- We realize as a body of believers our salvation is NOT about us, but is for the purpose of bringing God glory. (Ephesians 1)
- We acknowledge that as “new creatures created in Christ Jesus for good works” we are to be intentionally “doing God’s Word and not hearing it only.” (James 1:22)
- Our mission is to obediently follow God by loving God which is the greatest command, “Love the Lord your God.” (Mark 12:30) We believe this is best accomplished through holy living because “you shall be holy, for I am holy.” (1 Peter 1:16) We are called to present our bodies as living sacrifices, holy and acceptable. (Romans 12:1) We have been reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him.” (Colossians 1:22)
- Our mission is to obediently follow God in all of our relationships by loving others. “Love your neighbor as yourself” (Mark 12:31) is God’s expectation both within and outside our community. We believe this is best accomplished through purposefully striving to live at peace with all men (Hebrews 12:14) while treating others as we would want to be treated. (Luke 6:31)
- Our mission is to obediently promote the purpose of God through making disciples. (Matthew 28:19-20) We strive to go share the gospel with those whom God has placed in our path, knowing God has the power to save souls. As God blesses, we are committed to biblically discipling and baptizing those whom he has elected. As a body, Faith emphasizes biblical training and teaching in all of God’s expectations and commands.
We realize our mission is lofty and we acknowledge our failures regularly. Yet, to live a life in which God has graciously blessed us with his love and not intentionally fulfill his purpose based on his love would be a rejection of his divine purpose for us.